Ten Laws of Right
Ten Laws of Right
- Golden Chain Recitation – No. 110
- Manifest TEMPERANCE in all things. Whether physical, mental, moral, affectional, or religious.
- Give JUSTICE to all creatures that be; Justice being the exercise of precisely the same rules of life, conduct,thought, or speech that we would desire to receive from others.
- Show GENTLENESS in speech and act; Never heedlessly wounding the feelings of others by harsh words or deeds; never hurting or destroying aught that breathes, save for the purpose of sustenance or self-defence.
- Speak TRUTH in every word or thought spoken or acted; But reserve harsh or unpleasing truths where they would needlessly wound the feelings of others.
- Exercise CHARITY in thought, striving to excuse the failings of others. Yes and charity in speech, veiling the failings of others; charity in deeds, wheresoever, whensoever, and to whomsoever the opportunity offers.
- In ALMSGIVING be generous. Visiting the sick and comforting the afflicted in every shape that our means admit of, and the necessities of our fellow creatures demand.
- Exhibit SELF-SACRIFICE at all times; Wherever the interests of others are to be benefited by our endurance.
- Be TEMPERATE yet firm in defence of our views of right; And protest against wrong, whether for ourselves or others.
- Display INDUSTRY in following any calling we may be engaged in; And in devoting some portion of our time, when otherwise not obliged to do so, to the service and benefit of others.
- Manifest LOVE - above and beyond all; Seeking to cultivate in our families, kindred, friends and, amongst all mankind generally the feeling of that true and tender love which can think, speak, and act no wrong to any creature living; - Remembering always, that where love is, all the other principles of right are fulfilled beneath its influence and embodied in its monitions.